Friday 24 October 2014

Attempted Ideas and Finalised film

I have a verity of ideas for m Maps and Journey film

I have spent the most development on an idea of an individual who arrives in a new town not only under going  a physical journey but also an emotional one. I've shot a test video of this idea.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4tjXIBMKyI&index=1&list=UU96y7C8HdBVBdT0P8SOueHg

I was given the feedback that it had to much of a narrative and centred on a character piece which I was advise to avoid using.

So I thought of other ideas, one of which involved someone driving along a dark motorway at night.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUuOMyM6lec&index=5&list=UU96y7C8HdBVBdT0P8SOueHg

And another idea I tested involve someone running through an alleyway trying to escape, once he reaches the end he's in a graveyard.



While all these ideas are interesting they didn't quite allow the full extent of creativity for me to utilise. I looked back to a previous film that we were presented with for inspiration Leah Gordon, that film in particular was London Orbital by Chris Pettit and Ian Sinclair.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ow5vTyHz9k

For further examples of research I've looked up Pipilotti Rist's  Sip My Ocean, which has a relaxing hypnotic quality which I intend to emulate in my film.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJhgIcbSEeM


FILM PLAN

Part of my film plan involves taking footage set on the front seat of a double decker bus. I have been suggested to make use of headphones so that an audience can listen to sounds of a bus, So I'll collect sound recordings to create the mood and feeling of this setting. 

These sounds include the bus humming, traffic, people chatting, blowing of wind, birds outside. I have also been suggested to include my voice narrating the journey speaking my mind.

The way I intend to present this in the gallery is to have it projected onto the wall and to have the seat resemble that of a bus to give the audience a experience of simulation as though they are riding on a never ending bus ride. 
 
I've considered interviewing bus passengers to gather their thoughts and feeling on the Trials and Tribulations of bus travelling.

I'm also considered having the footage repeat towards the end giving a sense recollection and a never ending journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment